- Your nutritionist will provide you with a test pack and a courier pack*. Please pay the clinic directly for this test prior to sending the sample
- Please avoid shellfish (regular fish is fine), excess seaweed products and iodised salt for 48 hours before urine collection. Note if your diet is naturally high in shellfish or seaweed products, you may wish to continue this normal routine of eating before your collection to test your regular base line
- Please avoid supplements containing iodine for 48 hours before urine collection
Taking the sample
- This test is a urine test. Only a small urine sample is required; exclude the first morning sample and collect any sample after that
- Please follow the instructions to order a specialised courier for collection*. Please do not send samples on a Thursday or Friday to the UK to prevent delivery at the weekend.
- *If you are dropping samples to our clinic in Dublin for courier collection, please liaise with the clinic for a drop-off time and date. Simply drop your sample on our desk in our front door and our clinic manager will dispatch this for you.
- The test results will be returned to your nutritionist within 2-3 weeks of receipt of the sample. Test results will be interpreted by your nutritionist and a protocol tailored accordingly.