Prevent and treat osteoporosis with nutrition and exercise
Next workshop takes place in Galway on Saturday 24th March 2018.
Are you at risk?
You may have already had a bone density scan and know you have osteoporosis or if you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions below then you could be at risk:
- Do you have a family history of osteoporosis?
- Have you dieted in the past or suffered from bulimia or anorexia?
- Ever had irregular menstrual cycles?
- Are you post-menopausal?
- Have you taken steroids, heparin or long-term laxatives or antacids?
- Have you had digestive problems such as Crohn’s, or Coeliac disease?
Learn about osteoporosis from the experts
In this comprehensive one day workshop, you will learn how to prevent and treat osteoporosis with information about nutrition and practical exercise demonstrations.
One of our nutrition team will be sharing tips on prevention and treatment including:
- An explanation of osteoporosis – a symptomless, silent problem
- How to test for osteoporosis including bone turnover tests & DEXA scans
- The pros and cons of conventional drug treatments
- How to eat for healthy bones and what to avoid
- Nutritional tests that are important for bone health
- What food supplements to take and how to know which ones are a waste of money
Our partner physiotherapists will be demonstrating how exercise can help treat and prevent osteoporosis. These combined theory and practical sessions will include:
- Exercise for strong bones – the do’s and don’ts
- Principles of an osteoporosis exercise plan – what to include
- Postural advice and everyday activities – what is correct and safe
- Preventing falls – the role balance and agility play to reduce the risk
- Core strengthening and weight bearing exercise to protect your spine
Galway: Phone: 091 726344 Email: email@example.com
100% of previous participants recommend the course.
100% of previous course participants found the course useful and would be happy to recommend it to friends and family. Some of their comments:
“The course covered a huge amount of information in a very practical and accessible way. I learnt lots and am really looking forward to putting it into action”
“I really enjoyed the day. It was very informative but the presenters got the information across in a very positive and fun way”
“The course covered lots of my concerns and queries and it was great to be able to ask questions and to see the exercises being demonstrated and try them out”
“I found the menu plans and information about how to get the nutrients I need really helpful”
See our terms and conditions here