The DUTCH test is a comprehensive look at your hormone levels and systems. The DUTCH uses a dried urine collection method which is a convenient and accurate.
An imbalance in sex hormones may be present in PMS, irregular or absent cycles, anovulation, infertility, recurrent miscarriage, endometriosis, skin problems and fibroids amongst others. Detoxification of oestrogen is also an important consideration where there is an increased risk of breast cancer.
You can take the standard test if you have a cycle or if it is absent. If you have a menstrual cycle, your Nutritionist may recommend to track your hormone fluctuations over the course of one cycle – this is the DUTCH Complete Hormones with Cycle Mapping.
- Oestrogen and the metabolites indicating how you detoxify oestrogen
- Testosterone and metabolites of testosterone including the most active form
- DHEA (a master hormone)
Stress can have a profound effect on our emotional and physical well-being, affecting everyone at some point and causing symptoms including weight gain, depression, digestive problems, hormonal imbalance and many more. Continued imbalance of stress hormones can wear the body down, triggering chronic fatigue. An altered cortisol pattern can contribute to sleep irregularities or feelings of exhaustion that are not relieved by rest or sleep.
- Cortisol, breakdown products and cortisone
- Stress hormone pattern over the course of the day as an important indicator of recovery from stress and resilience to stress
Markers of Nutritional Deficiencies
B12 and B6 play an important role in hormonal balance, symptoms of PMS, pain and mood balance.
- Organic acids found in the urine which are shown to be reliable indicators of B6 and B12 deficiencies
Markers of oxidative stress
Oxidative stress can contribute to cell damage, inflammation and pain.
- 8-OHdG marker found in the urine as a reliable indicator of oxidative stress
- Marker of glutathione requirements, an important antioxidant
Neurotransmitters and hormones
Neurotransmitters and their metabolites are critical in regulating mood, sleep, motivation and energy.
- Dopamine, serotonin, epinephrine/ norepinephrine
- Melatonin is the hormone that regulates sleep
- The test kit will be provided in clinic or posted to your house.
- The instructions are detailed so please read carefully before proceeding.
- Please perform the test on a day when you will be available at these times to produce the samples.
- Return samples by regular An Post mail.
- The test results will be returned to your nutritionist within 3 weeks of receipt of the samples. Test results will be interpreted by your nutritionist and a protocol tailored accordingly.