- The test will be paid for via our clinic. The test kit will be provided in clinic or posted to your house. The kit should arrive within 5-7 working days, please advise us if you do not receive your kit
- The instructions are detailed so please read carefully before proceeding
- If you have had a miscarriage, it is advisable to wait two cycles before testing
- If you are coming off the Pill, it is advisable to wait three cycles before testing
- Nutritional supplements should be avoided for 2 days before the test e.g. for measurement of B vitamins. If you are taking adaptogens such as ginseng, ashwaghanda or rhodiola you should discuss this with your practitioner. If you are taking these long term, you might want to test while taking them. Similarly if you are taking herbal remedies for hormonal support – you may wish to wait 2 cycles before testing or if you are trying to determine the effect of the hormonal supplement, you could test while taking it. Supplements containing tyrosine (some multivitamin and minerals) should be avoided for 2 weeks before the test
- Important – Please avoid the following foods as much as possible for 72 hours before collecting samples: avocado, bananas, eggplant and fava beans (broad beans). If you happen to consume some of these foods, please make a note of it on your requisition form
- If possible, please perform the test on a day when you will be available at the required times to produce the samples.
What day to sample:
- If you have a very irregular cycle and do not get periods for months, please just go ahead and take the sample as soon as you receive the kit
- If you have a regular cycle, please sample on day 19-22 of a 28-day cycle. Day 1 is considered the first day of your period.
OR 6-8 days post-ovulation if you can track this
OR 6-8 days before your period is due if your cycle is shorter or longer than 28 days
Example: your cycle is mostly 22-24 days long.
Choose day 23 as an average and count back 7 days – sample on day 16
Example: your cycle is usually 35-38 days.
Choose day 36 as average and count back 7 days – sample on day 29
Please see this video: https://dutchtest.com/video/irregular-cycle-collection/
If you are concerned that your cycle is a little irregular simply aim for the middle of the second half of your period i.e. ‘luteal phase’. If you send off your samples and your period arrives for example the next day, we could cancel this and send a repeat kit for the next month. Otherwise, go ahead with the test and the only major analyte that might be affected is progesterone which is not the most important part of this test. All other measurements will still be very useful.
Returning your sample and paying for the test:
- Return samples to the USA by An Post Express Mail. Post as soon as possible
- The test results will be returned to your nutritionist within 3 weeks of receipt of the samples. Test results will be interpreted by your nutritionist and a protocol tailored accordingly.
- An extended one-hour follow up consultation is recommended due to the comprehensive nature of this test.